Monday, June 19, 2023

Writing...revisited

It's been a little over a month since I wrote about writing a daily meditation/devotional kind of book. It's here if you need/want a memory refresh. So it's now a few days past my 63rd birthday and it occurred to me that I had given myself that amount of time to think about it.

Well...
I don't think that's really for me. 
Although I do tend to have daily quiet times, I don't always utilize a devotion or meditation process. I could -- and it would definitely be beneficial, but now it's starting to sound like work or a project with deadlines and due dates.
Ugh!

I'm not saying a definite NO at this point.
Can you shelve a book that hasn't been written?
I think I'm going to (for now) shelve the idea of writing this type of book. (Sorry, Mom) I'm still trying to figure out just who I am and often find myself struggling through daily meditation or devotional time -- too much so to try to offer guiding thoughts to others.

In fact, I've been thinking about identity lately and will probably share some thoughts on that in the coming days. For now I think I'll just get back in the pool and try not to think of anything other than enjoying another tropical day.

John

No comments: