Thursday, June 08, 2023

Fire on the Mountain

At least that's what this cloudy morning sunrise looks like in Puerto Vallarta today.




The rooftop is closed between 11pm and 9am, so I stepped over the chain and grabbed a quick photo this morning. I don't know how strict they are about violating their rules here, so I just grabbed my sunrise pic and left. 

I didn't get much reading done yesterday. I did manage to buy some cigars and enjoy one while sitting in the rooftop smoking area. Maybe I'll get more reading in today.
Maybe not.

No big plans for the day; maybe a walk across the river and along the beach there. I should probably check out the shops in that area. I took a late night walk (about 9:30) last night and grabbed three al pastor tacos for 60 pesos (about $3.50 US). They were delicious. The street vendors have some really good food at incredibly low prices. Sitting on a plastic chair on the sidewalk or street with a plate of food in your lap isn't a great dining experience, but this particular vendor is only a few blocks from the apartment, so I just got it to go and ate here. 
I may be a regular there over the next few weeks!

I'm still managing to get into conversations with strangers. One couple was sitting next to me at a local brewery bar. At one point during the conversation the guy mentioned that his wife says he's often unapproachable -- like our conversation meant she's wrong. Then I reminded him that he was the one that started the conversation, so...
I've had conversations with that couple from Texas, a couple that owns a brewery in New Orleans, a guy from Tennessee, and a guy from Springfield IL. Plus an expat that now lives here (I guess that's a little redundant, isn't it?).
They've mostly been good, pleasant conversations, but they do leave me wondering -- WTF? Why are these people talking to me?

sigh

I guess I'll see what today holds for me.

John

No comments: