Monday, May 22, 2023

"...your body is a temple..."

If I didn't know better I'd think I was building a freakin' mega-temple! 
I started the month of May at my heaviest yet (270 pounds, 122.5kg) -- about the size of a freakin' temple! 
Ugh!
Always a struggle.

Anyway I got busy and managed to lose some weight pretty quickly, had a few bad days and regained half of what I had lost, am now back on track and at minus 12 pounds (5.5kg) for the first three weeks of the month. I've been updating weekly on my other blog, Healthy Living (by an unhealthy guy)
You can follow my struggles on that blog or on Twitter. I'm @magicianary.

If I keep up the pace, I'll be down to 250 (113.5kg) by the time I get to Mexico in a couple of weeks. Not exactly beachbody material, but that won't stop me from enjoying some time on the beach. I'm just happy to be back on track!

So this morning's scale inspired good mood has me thinking about Paul's admonishment in 1 Corinthians 6:19 
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you,...)

There are actually several places that Paul uses this comparison and in different contexts. This morning I am remembering an old preacher that once told me, "John, if I would have known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."
Looking around at active older people you don't see fat people living well into their 90s. Maybe there is something to that. 

Today's meditation is focusing on this temple of mine and how I might continue to do a little renovation to bring it back to its intended glory. 

How is your health?
How is your body holding up?
Is your temple in good condition?
...Or in need of some renovation?

John

No comments: