Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursdays are for Thanksgiving

Actually, all days are for thanksgiving and I am finding that gratitude is so good for the spirit and outlook on life. I suppose that I could find plenty to complain about if I set that as a daily goal, but how much better to be thankful and appreciative of life?

In the bible, Paul writes:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  --1 Thessalonians 16-18

Today I woke up well rested and feeling much better than I did yesterday.  I am relatively healthy (and minus 10 pounds for the month) and enjoying my coffee and quiet time from the comfort of the screened in deck. The hummingbirds are at the feeder and the continuing territorial battle for one of the bird houses continues between the bluebirds and the sparrows.
My Achillies tendon is finally starting to feel better and I am hesitant to mow today for fear of aggravating it again. I think I'll give it another day. Maybe by then I'll have my rider back from the shop and can do it the easy way -- sitting on my butt!

In any case, I am grateful for today. 
I don't expect much in the way of people interaction, maybe a trip to the store for some plants and garden stuff.
Not much in the way of people interaction is always something to be thankful for.

My gratitude journal prompt for today was -- How do you feel when you wake up in the morning?
I feel rested.
One of the greatest benefits of retirement is that I wake up when I'm finished sleeping. 
And yes! I am extremely grateful for an early retirement and a comfortable one.

What is something that you are thankful for?
What fuels your attitude of gratitude today?
Maybe it's something as simple as a cup of your favorite tea or coffee. 
Think about it. Meditate on it for a little while. Enjoy the moment like a bird with a french fry!

John


 

No comments: