Monday, May 29, 2023

Monday

It's summer!

Well, not officially, but it is Memorial Day weekend in the US and that is pretty much the summer kickoff weekend. As usual, we have no plans for a Memorial Day observance or gathering with others. Other than a moment of personal reflection, today is just another Monday in the simple life of John.

If you are one of the few that follow my other blog (I haven't been linking it to social media recently), you'll know that I've managed to lose 15 pounds since May 1st. A part of my meditative balance has been to bring the body element of mind/body/spirit back into balance and harmony with the rest of myself. It's weird how much easier it seems to connect mind and spirit to nature than to bring the physical body into connection. It's probably more a lack of practice on my part than anything. I know that many people have a normal kind of regular physical connection where body and nature are in regular communion with one another -- not so much for me.

But it is summer (sort of) and I am ready and willing to make more of an effort along those lines. The simple mindful connection that watering plants and gardening brings is a good place to connect with earth and remind myself of our connection with all of creation. I'm using an active meditation this morning as I contemplate the life giving power of water to the flowers and vegetation in the various garden spots around the yard and in pots on the porch and deck.

Have a good week.
It's summer!

John

No comments: