Monday, May 16, 2022

Mid May

Here it is the 16th of May and I haven't posted anything in quite some time. I've been spending much less time on the computer and on social media in the past few weeks...and that's a good thing! 
I noticed my Facebook posts are mostly puzzle results from the several word games I play and an occasional meme. Instagram is mostly for scrolling others posts and so is Twitter. I think I'll be fine if I leave out the puzzle posts and just scroll through my feeds once in a while. 
I may just become a social media lurker or a comment only kind of person.

I wouldn't mind writing here more often, but I rarely feel like organizing my thoughts into a coherent message. Besides, the occasional rant might be therapeutic for the soul, but I doubt that it does much for the few readers I have. Most of the bullshit we read either confirms/affirms our own thoughts or is wrong. Most of us don't actually read with the purpose of expecting to learn something new.

I am reading quite a bit. Maybe I'll just share what I'm reading from time to time. I'm a bit off the pace that I was reading last year, but that's okay. It's mostly fictional stuff that I can read a chapter or two at a time and then set aside. I have managed some non-fiction stuff, but sometimes reading stuff that is educational (especially scientific stuff) and thought provoking is difficult for this old guy to process. Even the more philosophical stuff I have to read in small bits (like a chapter at a time) and process before moving on. That's not a bad thing. I enjoy the process of contemplation.

Mostly though, I'm just enjoying the simple life -- working in the yard, garden, flowerbeds, and sitting on the deck with a cigar and cool drink. I rarely have actual interaction with people, and seldom leave home except to run a few errands. I'm even getting okay with church online. 
I don't feel like a curmudgeonly old guy, but I think I could be if forced to be around people much. It's probably best for all of us if I stick to my deck and interact through a keyboard and virtual platforms. Perhaps the new curmudgeonly saying will be, "Get off my feed!"

If you need me for anything, drop me a message. Otherwise I'll just be lurking in the background for a while.

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

I know where you hang out!