Sunday, May 29, 2022

Grand Funk (not the band, my mood)

Damn.
It's been a helluva couple weeks!

How are you doing?
Sometimes it seems pretty easy to move on in our comfortable, seemingly safe little bubbles of our lives, but it is getting to be more difficult as one comes to the conclusion that it's only a matter of time before a similar tragedy hits our own area.
Yesterday there was a fatal shooting on the square in the quiet little town of Ozark, MO.
Saturday afternoon,
on the quiet square,
in the peaceful town of Ozark.
Damn.

There isn't much in the way of details just yet, but the police say the shooter and victim knew each other and that it is an isolated incident. Yeah, well I don't take a lot of comfort in that. The reality is that there are a lot of people carrying guns in the Ozarks. 
Weird how that doesn't make me feel any safer. 

I ventured out this past week and went to our midweek church gathering at 425. I hadn't been to barchurch or Sunday church in person for a couple of weeks. Every time I go out in public, it turns out the public is there! I'm not convinced that seeing the few people that I enjoy seeing is worth the potential encounters with the rest of the public. 
I'll be doing church online this morning.

If you want me, you can probably find me sitting on the deck or working in the yard. I'd like to think this is my safe place, but I'm not entirely sure that it truly is.

John 

2 comments:

Mike said...

Retreating into the bubble is easy. Come back out? Hard.

Melody said...

For sure.