Wednesday, May 25, 2022

May Showers

It's another cool, damp morning in the Ozarks and it is forecast to rain throughout the day. Although there is plenty of outdoor work to be done, I doubt I'll accomplish anything today. I'm not stressed out about it. I may try to assemble an arbor that I ordered for our landscaping. I also bought a rose bush for one side of it. A friend gave us a wisteria plant for the other side. 
The arbor arrived Monday. Assembling and mounting it will be a task. Perhaps I'll post pictures when it's completed or after it is covered by plants. I'm looking for a bench that will probably be more decorative than functional.

I had an annual physical on Monday. "Annual" was their word for it based on the type of exam. It's a bit of a liberal use of the word since it has been more than five years since my last one. It appears that I'm pretty healthy for a fat, old guy. I need to bring the weight down and my blood pressure is also creeping upwards. I need to get those down to keep from having to take daily meds.
I expect results from the blood work to be okay and I need to schedule the dreaded colonoscopy since it's been five years since my last one.
I need to do more than the daily activity of yard work as well as managing my diet better than I have been. Maybe I'll get back to walking. I have the exercise cycle downstairs I can use, or I could air up the tires on my actual bicycle and ride it. My issue with actually riding a bicycle is there are too many hills around here for an out of shape fat boy. Any way you look at it, I need to do something more than I have been doing. It's pretty tough to lose weight while sitting on the deck, smoking cigars, and sipping bourbon. My doc agreed with that thought.

Next month I complete my 62nd trip around the sun and become eligible to collect my Social Security check. Ain't life grand?

John

  

1 comment:

Mike said...

Do you need your SS check? If not, it might be best to wait until you're 70. The money that you leave in earns 8% interest and means much more money when you're 70. No, I didn't. I wish I did. I'd be getting $3000 a month instead of $2000.