Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Isolation is a Good Thing

I spent my Monday working outside. I picked up soil, compost, and mulch from the lumber yard and that was my social contact for the day. I spent pretty limited time on the internet and didn't watch any TV.

I'm just going to say that I feel pretty good about life after a day of working outside and not interacting with people. I commented to a friend recently that I'm rarely disappointed by the actions of others because deep down I believe that people pretty much suck. 
I think I'll spend my Tuesday the same way -- a nice long walk, more work in the sun, maybe an evening cigar and beer on the deck -- it will be nice.

I'd say I'll see you after the pandemic, but other than a weekly appearance at church not much will change for me. I'll be spending most of my summer chillin' on my deck or working in my yard. Social interaction has never really been my thing anyway, so this little blog and a few Facebook posts or tweets works well for me. 
I do hope you enjoy your socially distanced day and have few encounters with sucky people.
People probably suck so much because they don't get enough love in their life. Be kind to sucky people. They are the ones that need it the most.

In the words of Joe Maddon -- Go out there and "try not to suck!"


John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I went for a walk yesterday. I saw about 10 to 12 other people. No one had a mask, except me.