Friday, April 09, 2021

Another Beautiful Day in the Ozarks

I hope to begin most of the coming days just as I am this one -- deck, coffee, sunshine, and the sounds of nature. I am looking out at our backyard and trying to visualize my compass rose. It is staked out, but that's all. I am looking for a sundial to place in the center. I am harvesting some of the many rocks from the yard for the principle compass points, and need to figure out what flowers to plant to just make it look pretty. 

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to make it a habit to start working earlier in the day than have been. There is so much work that needs to be done. So far, it hasn't become too much of a dreaded task. I pretty much work until I don't feel like working any more and leave the rest for another day. There is some stuff that needs to be done sooner rather than later, and it isn't always what I want to do. That sort of makes it more of a task than doing the other stuff, but other than that - working in my own yard beats the hell out of having to go to a job every day!

I'm going to have to finish early today since our son in law is smoking a pork shoulder and they have invited us over for dinner. Yum! Can't wait!

I have zero plans on keeping up with the news or politics today. I'll be playing in the dirt, planting flowers, and making garden -- until I'm not. Then I'll be enjoying a cool drink and smoking a cigar. I have a pretty good gig.

Be well,

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"zero plans" are my plans too.