Thursday, April 08, 2021

A Quiet Thursday Night

For most of the past several years I have spent Thursday nights downtown Springfield at Barchurch. It started at Ernie Biggs Piano Bar and then moved to The Venues at 425. Even during the pandemic era, I have attended barchurch via Facebook live.
Now it is on hold for the month of April and will be back in a new way and in person in May.

There was a bit of a vibe change when we moved from the rented space to our own place at 425. It took a little adjustment for me. I really liked the vibe at Ernie Biggs. I think it just had a more organic kind of bar feel. After all, it was a bar.
The Venues at 425 is more of a venue for meetings, weddings, and events and it has a bar. It's a significant difference. But The Venues at 425 developed its own comfortable vibe. The pandemic and going online with barchurch changed the vibe as everyone had to make adjustments. It will be interesting to see how the vibe changes as we move forward.

Tonight felt weird without barchurch. By next week, it will just be another night. By May -- I might just be used to sitting on the deck, enjoying a cigar, and listening to the evening sounds without the background of a video feed. I've really become comfortable with this isolation.

John

No comments: