Monday, April 12, 2021

Coffee

I finished the last of my coffee beans this morning. As a matter of fact, I was a couple of grams short of my usual 50 g for my one liter of water. That means I'm going to have to venture into public today to buy some beans at some point. sigh

I know that it is a possibility that I'll forget, as I am accustomed to staying home throughout most days. I do have some decent Irish breakfast tea on hand for those days when I find myself without coffee, but it is a poor substitute for a good cup of coffee. I'm not over the top picky about my coffee. I do use whole beans and prefer that they be recently roasted, so that eliminates buying at the grocery store except in pretty rare cases. That usually means a trip into Springfield since there aren't any local roasters or shops closer. I've toyed with the idea of buying green beans and roasting my own, but I doubt that's going to be a thing. 

What's your coffee pleasure?
Are you a daily coffee drinker that is content with a bulk ground coffee like Folgers or Hills Bros?
Are you a fancy latte sippin' drinker or maybe something sweeter and creamier?
Maybe you use a one cup pod brewer for a daily variety?

For the most part I'm one liter of hot water poured over 50 grams of freshly ground beans, and I generally drink it black. Maybe I'll treat myself to an afternoon or evening cup today at a coffee shop when I go to buy beans. Maybe I'll have another random conversation with a stranger. Maybe not.

Enjoy your Monday.

John

3 comments:

Mike said...

"I'm going to have to venture into public today"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Kathy G said...

Came over from Mike's.

During the weekday we use Costco Kirkland brand Colombian dark roast ground coffee, because it's quick and easy. On the weekend Hubby grinds beans for the daily pot. He dabbles with roasting his own, but if he's out there's always a store-bought bag in the pantry.

John A Hill said...

Welcome, Kathy!
I do love a good cup of coffee and would enjoy a conversation with somebody that has roasted their own.