Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Tuesday

How about that creative title for today's post?
That's okay. Creativity has never been my thing.

I have a different perspective this morning. I'm sitting on the downstairs patio (below the deck) instead of on the deck. Because of how quickly the back slopes away from the house, there is much of the backyard that disappears from view when you lose just 8 ft (2.4 m) in elevation. 
Changing perspective every now and then is probably a good idea. Maybe I'll have my morning coffee on the front porch later in the week.

It's a grey day and it is difficult to get a realistic image of the treeline colors as fall sets in. I'll try to get a better pic on a sunny morning.


I'm going to miss the leaves when they drop. During the winter I can see the streetlights and houses that are directly behind us. Maybe being reminded that I'm not as isolated as I'd like to believe is a good thing.

I think that I will look forward to November's National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) with the idea of posting a daily picture. I don't have a good digital camera, though. The best I can do is the camera on my cheap smart phone. 
I enjoy seeing daily (or regular) pics on a couple of friends' blogs or other social media posts. I'm sure they have nice rigs for taking pics. I'll make what I have work for me. That's just another way of sharing life from my (cheap-ass) perspective.

 * * * * *

Traditionally, October is Clergy Appreciation Month. It used to be Pastor Appreciation Month, but apparently needed to be more inclusive. 
Today, I get to have lunch with my pastor. 
Although, I haven't been very active at The Venues in some time, I do recognize and appreciate the work that goes into pastoring a church of any size. Pastor Phillip has made incredible adaptations to his core theology as well as adapting to the truly astounding technological changes and social constructs of the past decade or so.
I'm looking forward to spending some time with him today.

If we don't restrict today's appreciation to just pastors or clergy -- Who do you appreciate?
Why not drop them a text, email, or maybe even call them?
Tell them that you appreciate them being a part of your life.
Pick somebody and make it a good day for both of you.

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

Can you plant a row of white pine behind the trees? Then when the leaves drop you'll see the pines.

John A Hill said...

I have considered planting pines, but will have to plant them in front of the trees.