Monday, October 16, 2023

How is your journey?

I saw this posted on Facebook this past week and saved it.


I thought it would be useful for a Monday Meditation post.

I have many pleasant memories from the past, but I rarely dwell there.
I know there are apologies to be made, and I don't mind going back to address those things.
But in contemplating where I am on life's journey (and where I appear to be going), I have to say that I have few regrets about life to this point. Even those regrets are best addressed by moving forward to make changes rather than looking backwards and dwelling where nothing can be undone.

I don't see life looping back around to re-embrace religion. I feel like I'm in a good place spiritually and enjoy the occasional "church" interaction with folks at The Venues. Although I am not deeply involved in the ongoing work of The Venues, I do feel connected to the community and (like in the rest of my life) will continue as a kind of non-productive member.
I also have service and spiritual connections with members of other faith communities in the area. I do value these connections.

My self-imposed isolation is teaching me where and when I can be more effective in people interactions. Being more selective has greatly enhanced my inner peace. 
The alone time allows me to store energy to willingly give away for people interactions. 
There are a few people that share their energy and they are the ones that feel like my tribe. My alone time has helped me to recognize those people in the crowds and make those connections, however brief and infrequent they might be.

How is your journey?
Maybe a meditative pause to look around would be beneficial. 
Are you where you want to be?
Are you on the right road to get you there?
Do you need to recalculate?

Pause
Take a breath
Look around
Reset your sights
Move along

John

No comments: