Monday, October 30, 2023

A Good Person

How will you be remembered?
And does it really matter?

I mean -- the past is the past, right?
Isn't it really more significant how people perceive you (me) now -- in the present?

He is a good person vs. He was a good person

I don't know why I'm thinking about this on this particular Monday morning. Maybe it has to do with watching the movie After Death on Saturday night. Maybe it has to do with something I read last week and have been thinking about. It was about people that come and go in our lives. 



The weird thing is that I haven't been wondering about those people. I've been wondering if I was that person to somebody -- someone that betrayed them, someone that used them, someone that let them down.

sigh

But...
The past is the past, right.
How will I face today?
What kind of person will I be -- today?
When the sunsets on this day, how will the people that I've encountered today remember me?

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shall remember you tomorrow, as I do today...your heart is good, your convictions carry value and we're all better for knowing you brother.