Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Tuesday Travels

Good morning from somewhere in Kansas!

Actually, we overnighted in Salina on our way to Colorado Springs. It's around halfway of the nearly 12 hour drive.

Hannah is working today and will be off Wednesday and Thursday. We'll complete the drive today and have a couple of days to spend with her and her pups. It will be an early birthday visit for Hannah and a late birthday for Chris; pretty much right between the two.

I don't have plans to do anything special. If I make it to the little country store at Manitou Springs I may cave in and buy the old black powder 1858 Army Remington revolver. I used to have a Navy Colt that came as a kit that I put together. It was ruined in a misfire.

I really don't need the '58, but it is a pretty cool weapon and would be interesting to shoot. I do own a 50 caliber Hawkin black powder rifle that I haven't fired since moving to MO. A coworker at the tower took it out a shot it a few times back in the day. I could set up a shooting range on the back acreage to shoot both the rifle and a new pistol.

Hmmm...

We'll be heading towards the mountains today. It will be a good day for a drive. The Maverick is a good highway vehicle. It's comfortable and a smooth ride. I used music from my phone and we switched drivers about halfway. It was comfortable both riding as a passenger and driving.

Have a grand day.

John

No comments: