Saturday, May 20, 2023

Sometimes we miss things; sometimes we miss people.

Wow.
I'm a little unsettled this morning. Overnight I received a message (timestamped 2:47am). I just read it. It was pointed and critical and was from someone that I missed, someone that I didn't really see.

Sometimes we get pretty focused on one thing and the actions we take to accomplish that task or goal impact others in ways that we are unaware of. Not always a good thing. That was the case with this person. The things I did (or didn't do) took place several months ago. I can only assume that the ripple effect has reached a critical point or that something happened at 2am that triggered the need to reach out (lash out) and express themselves.

I'm not going to beat myself up over this. If you don't know, you don't know.
But I am going to sit with it for a little while. I think that would be a good thing.
And I may be more careful about collateral damage.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️