Thursday, May 25, 2023

Pause

The pause in posting for the past couple of days hasn't been entirely intentional. It just hasn't been a priority. I've still been enjoying my morning quiet time, coffee, and sitting with the morning sounds of nature. This morning provided the additional treat of deer at the treeline. It has been a little while since I've seen any deer back there so that was cool. Maybe I should put a salt lick out there.

There really isn't much to our simple life, here. I have been starting to get to my daily yardwork earlier and then having the hotter part of the day to relax in the shade and comfort of the deck. I think I'm not going to get to see most of my flowers until I'm home from my Mexico trip. I am hoping for some nice June showers while I'm gone to keep everything well watered. It's kind of weird how nature seems to take care of itself until we interject ourselves into it and then there is either not enough rain or too much rain or whatever!

In keeping with the simple life, it's time to put a little morning water into some garden beds and get to work in the yard. Be at peace with nature and with one another. Reach out to an old friend or a family member today and tell them you love them. 

Touch the ground. Feel the energy of the earth.
Breathe in the air. Sense the spirit of nature.
Listen to the sounds of the world around you. While I can hear the manmade sounds coming from the nearby highway, most of the noise I hear is from the birds and bugs of nature. They tell me I belong here.

Pause.

John

No comments: