Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Mind Over Matter

Today's morning meditation is a little personal and self healing.
I woke up a few hours ago feeling chilled and achy, but I am aware that this is no doubt a reaction to the three vaccines I got yesterday -- COVID booster, shingles, and tetanus. I went back to bed, covered up, and slept for a couple of more hours.

Now I'm up and spending my morning time inside. I have a sweat suit on, am covered up with a throw, and have a space heater on in a small room. I'm actually feeling quite cozy right now. 

Because I'm old, I was thinking of an image from the old television show, Kung Fu. Kwai Chang Caine teaches another man how to survive their hot box punishment by using mind of matter techniques/

https://youtu.be/cW5bShSt9tg

I do believe that the mind holds great power over the physical world. 
My meditation text for today:

"Your body can stand almost anything.
It's your mind you have to convince." --Unknown

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

When I went through the ARMY's basic training I got six shots all at once. I was a little wobbly leaving the room.