Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Are our differences too great?

Maybe.
Or maybe they seem too great because we no longer see our similarities.
And I think that's exactly the way the powers that be want it -- Focus on the differences so that we can't get along.
If we can't see past the manipulation, we are -- well, easier to manipulate.

I don't know if there is a national solution to the great divide that has come about in our (the US) political system or not. The powers that control the narrative want it to be exactly the way it is. Maybe the change has to happen in individuals, or in finding like minded individuals to challenge the current representation.

What I do know is that I need to work on myself.

Today's meditation text:

If we have no charity and no tolerance, we shall never settle our differences. -- Mahatma Gandii

John

No comments: