Friday, May 12, 2023

Writing

I ran into an old friend yesterday. Well, she is not really an old friend, she's a young friend that I just hadn't seen in some time. While we were catching up, she told me she is writing a book, a novel. I think that is great. 
Although there have been different people along my journey that have suggested that I write a book, I see a couple of problems with that:
To write a novel you have to be creative -- and I'm not.
To write non-fiction you have to be willing to do a little research and mental organization -- and I'm not.
To do either takes some discipline of writing daily and sticking to a writing schedule -- and well, ...I don't know about that, either.

But I think writing a book would be cool. 
So, I was thinking -- what about a daily meditation/devotional kind of book? 
Although I could work ahead, what if I just journaled my morning meditations into a collection of thoughts, and then after a year I'd have a book of 365 inspirational quotes, verses from the bible or other texts, and the accompanying thoughts that I had for that particular day?
I could design each day to take no more than fifteen minutes or so and even throw in a few tips for meditation, focus, or grounding. 

I'm going to give myself some time to consider this. In fact, I'm going to give myself one month. Call it a birthday challenge. On June 13th, I complete my 63rd trip around the sun and begin number 64. Maybe I can use it as a 365 day journey that would make any day a perfect starting point. I won't be dated to begin on January 1st, but could begin on your birthday making it an acceptable anytime gift and a perfect birthday gift.
I suppose that has its drawbacks. Following the calendar allows for seasonal meditations that a non-calendar schedule won't. I don't know. Something to consider. 
I'll probably just do them daily and then figure out numbering/ordering them later.

Hmmm...
Thoughts?

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO FOR IT!!! Your mom says so!