Friday, May 19, 2023

Friday flowers

I'm going to do a little planting and repotting today. That will be my meditation and time for centering.

Yesterday I bought some plants -- tomatoes for the garden, a blackberry and a raspberry bush, a sweet potato vine, four coleus plants and a small flat of petunias. I bought a few marigold varieties to plant in pots for the deck rail to help keep away the pesky insects. I also bought a flowering crabapple tree and a redbud tree. I put up a wire cage for the pole beans and cucumbers and re-potted the four tomato (two cherry, a big beef, and heirloom) plants. 

I don't know if I would call digging in the garden fun. I do enjoy it, but it's probably more therapeutic than fun. There is something about the earth connection that seems to bring the body's energy and vibration frequency back to what it is supposed to be. 

And the results can be so very rewarding. Truthfully, I am as satisfied watching the bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds at our flowers as I am at eating tomatoes or other produce from our garden. Our perennials are beginning to grow again and Chris just planted this year's zinnias and cosmos in the downspout flower beds. I am really looking forward to the added color around the house. 

"Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine into trees." --John Muir

John

The coleus in a repurposed plastic container (my weak attempt at crafts)




1 comment:

Mike said...

Did you read my blog today about plants feeling pain? It's a fun read.