Tuesday, May 02, 2023

A Two-fer Tuesday Question

It's almost 10pm in SWMO and I have a little Classic Rock radio playing on Pandora, a little bit of bourbon, and am contemplating and assessing tonight's Reading the Bible as a Storybook group gettogether/small group/class. 
It was good -- at least from my perspective.

I am really pleased at how the group is participating in the discussion and feeling free to share their tough questions and perspectives on how we reflect or share love to the world around us. I kind of liked tonight's format -- tell the story, give a little background, let them tell me what it means to them.
The old evangelist in me sometimes still feels compelled to somehow draw a line from every Old Testament story to Jesus, even when it doesn't really make sense to do so. Tonight's line of questions and comments did come around to Jesus and was very organic and natural. It was kinda cool.

So let me ask you what I asked them:
What do you think happened to the other thief on the cross?
I'm just curious about your theology on that. No criticism or correction coming from me since I don't really know for certain, but I'm wondering what others think and why.
Anybody care to share?

John

No comments: