Thursday, November 07, 2019

Thursdays are for thanksgiving

I always look forward to my Thursday evening Downtown Venues. Tonight is our final evening at Ernie Biggs. Next week will be our Grand Opening at our new facility at 425 Walnut. I think we are all excited about the new facility and what it can me for The Venues presence in the downtown community.
If you are in the Springfield MO area, come visit us tonight at 6:30 as we listen to some music and hear Pastor Ben's message on Out with the old; in with the new!

     * * * * *

In other news...
Yesterday I heard from the young couple whose wedding I'll be officiating later this month. They each sent me what they have written to say to each other. I am really so excited for them!
As the officiant, I usually try to find out the colors of the wedding and match my tie (or at least not clash with their colors). Because my black marryin' suit is old and I've gotten fat, I bought a new black marryin' suit. Yesterday I was in search of a tie.
Plum (that's purple for us old guys) and orange are the colors.
Here's what I ordered:


As I was looking at that, I thought it's too bad it doesn't come with matching socks.
Admittedly, I have a poor sock game. I'm typically just a plain black dress sock kind of guy. I decided to up my game for the couple's special day and found this set.



I'm thinking either the second set from the right or the second from the left. I'll decide when they actually arrive.

     * * * * *

I hope that you have something to be thankful for today and I hope that you have something to look forward to, as well.
Be a blessing to somebody today.
Share a smile.
Lift a burden.
Give a gift of love.
Be thankful for the people in your life.

John <><

No comments: