Saturday, November 30, 2019

NaBloPoMo

It's finally the last day of November and another successfully completed National Blog Posting Month challenge. Posting everyday is a bit of a challenge for me. Although I have opinions on most things, I also realize than most people are fine without hearing them. That's okay. People are free to read or ignore. I mostly write as a way to organize my thoughts so that I know what I think ... and why.

I think the "and why" part is an often overlooked part of the current opinion forming process. We have become used to others telling us what to think. Elected officials tell us what to think about their opponents. Religious leaders tell us what to think about the non-religious or other religious people. Rich people tell poor people how they should think and we have become a society that no longer analyzes information to form an opinion but one that analyzes opinions to determine how we will think.

But then again ... that's just my opinion!
What's yours?

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

Should we get the badge for this year?

John A Hill said...

I think I got one the 1st year I did it. Haven't picked one up since.
Not that big a deal to me.