Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The New Year

The church year, the liturgical year, begins with the first Sunday of Advent -- that's this Sunday, December 1st. I saw this meme a few weeks ago and thought I might use this for posting through the first 24 days of December.



If you've been following Out of My Hat for some time, you know that I've posted daily bible readings in the past. My thoughts are to handle it as I have done in the past. I'll post a link to the chapter so that you can read it for yourself, and then I'll post a few thoughts to summarize what I gleaned from that day's reading.

I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas as the Church does. I know that there are several occasional readers that come from non-Christian faiths and even an atheist or two.
I invite you to read along for the 24 day project. It is not my intent to make you a convert, but rather to give you an understanding of why I choose to follow Jesus and why I celebrate his birth.

John <><

No comments: