Sunday, November 03, 2019

A Day of Rest

It's Sunday morning and many of us think of it as a day of rest.
So how about we all take a break from the typical news that seems to cover our news feeds and social media and share something good?

I'll go first.

A week ago I received a message from an old pastor friend asking me if I would consider volunteering as a chaplain. I have to admit, when his message began, "I've been reading your blog recently...," I was a little concerned. It's been a busy time so I put him off until things calm down a bit. I've actually considered this in the past; even going so far as checking into certified chaplaincy programs.
Well, I am meeting him this week to discuss it. I'm actually kind of excited about it.

A funny thought just hit me.
Thursday morning I was with a few Venues' people to do some quick work at the church. I don't remember the conversation exactly, but I do remember some comments directed towards me about my lack of compassion.
Is it possible to be a chaplain without compassion?
Can we choose to be selectively compassionate?
Or is it that I am compassionate, but sometimes choose not to be?

Enough about me!
What is good in your life?

John <><

1 comment:

AuntieAllyn said...

MANY things are good/great in my life, but the big thing right now is that we're leaving for Ireland tonight, for a ten-day trip!