Saturday, November 02, 2019

This week's odds and ends

Yeah, the 2 in 1 is back to its old malfunctioning laptop mode so I'm doing the old two finger typing on the touch pad keyboard in tablet mode.
sigh

I managed a good make up day on the walking trend. Although we had several consecutive days of cold, wet weather, I only missed walking on one day. I made up for it on Friday by getting in two walks, one of two miles and one of three. With a walk Saturday and my 10,000 steps I'll at least average 10,000 steps per day for the week.
I've managed a few short (and slow) runs as parts of a couple walks.

Saturday night is a drop in Retirement party for Chris. She had a work party on Wednesday. This one will be for anyone that wants to swing by and wish her well. It's at Bair's on S Campbell from 6 - 9. It will be pretty informal. We'll buy some apps and there will be cake. Guest can purchase drinks or order food as they like.
If you are in the area, please stop in!

I'm finally getting my motorcycle repaired. It's been sitting in the garage all year in need of some wiring work. Now I no longer have a garage so (with the help of a friend) I hauled it to Spokes Garage to get it back into running condition. It's not exactly the ideal time for motorcycle riding, but I'm sure I'll manage a few days in the saddle.

The wet weather has stalled construction of our new home. They were finishing setting the forms on Friday and plan to pour the basement walls on Monday .

It's been a busy first couple of weeks in the apartment, but I think we're settling in. We're still working on a routine. That will probably take a little more time.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

Have termite prevention done before the basement floor gets poured.