Monday, November 21, 2016

Where it all began...

Yesterday a man began the church service with a song about a mama that prayed every night for her family. It made me think about my own parents that faithfully pray for their (our) own family.
They have their individual prayer times, the time set aside to pray together and time set aside to read the Bible -- every day!

I am truly blessed to have them as parents.

Today is their 59th anniversary.
They have raised a pretty cool family.
I have written about our family diversity in the past. Sometimes I think that we are so different that I wonder how we can even be related!

It is too difficult to find words to adequately express how I feel about my family, so I'm not even going to try. I'm just going to say that I am so thankful for a family that loves one another. Great distance has not diminished that love, nor has extremely diverse political views. Our kids are turning out to be wonderful adults that get along very well in spite of not seeing each other very often.
I think that my parents are proud of the people that are their people and make up their family.
They should be.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad.
Thank you for the years that you have devoted to each other and to all of us that make up your family.
Thank you for your daily prayers and unending love.
Thank you for giving us the tools to make it on our own and mold our own loving families.
Thank you.

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

59th anniversary. Way to go mom and dad.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That's a loving tribute.