Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Home, Sweet Home

Oh, it is so good to be home!
A night's sleep in my own bed,
A shower in my own shower,
Just to be around my own stuff!

You know the feeling.
It was a good trip. There were some unexpected happenings, to be sure, but all in all, a good trip.
I ate some good tasting foods (even if not so good for you foods), and enjoyed my visits with family. I have to say that I did miss riding my motorcycle on the beautiful November days, even in Northern Illinois! My outbound trip was in rain for most of the way, so the cycle was out for the journey. And with the daylight hours being as limited as they are and the wildlife of the rural areas, it was probably a good idea to leave it at home.

But --
I am riding today!

I am meeting a minister friend for lunch and getting ready to get back on the healthy eating thing. Since I'm doing most of the cooking at home (and the grocery shopping, too), I should have as much control over what we eat as is necessary to eat well. I chose a good salad/sandwich place for our lunch meeting, so -- here goes!

I also need to get back to daily exercise (which I have started again) and be as disciplined about it as I once was.
Eat for weight management.
Exercise for good health.

Veggie sandwich and a salad for lunch.
Tonight I'm thinking bacon wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella cheese and spinach, with baked potatoes and a salad. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe a little cream cheese added to the stuffing...No recipe, just an experiment.
After all, isn't life basically an experiment?

Be well,
John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

"After all, isn't life basically an experiment?"

Exactly.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Experimenting with things makes life interesting. John, I'm glad you had a great trip and now are back home in MO.