Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Winter in the Ozarks

It is mid-afternoon and the light snow and blustery winds continue here in the Ozarks. By the weekend the temperature will peak with daytime highs in the teens and overnight lows will be single digits to subzero. For my Celsius friends that means it's going to be cold.

Winter plays havoc with the little routine that I have. I miss coffee on the deck in the morning, but coffee by the fireplace isn't too bad. Mostly I miss the afternoons and evenings on the deck. The seasonal job messes with my writing routine and has disturbed my normal quiet time. I'm not sure if it is the change in routine or the exposure to so many people that has disrupted my inner peace, but I suspect it is mostly both. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) rarely affects me and I don't think it is now. I'm just working on a new rhythm with my changing patterns.

Yesterday I finished my second book of 2024, and I have a full library on my Kindle Unlimited app, plus one on order from the Christian County Library.
I have some tree saplings (more like twigs) from the Arbor Day Foundation in pots in the basement and soon I'll be starting some flowers in starter trays and pots.
More reading and a little indoor gardening sounds like a pretty good way to pass the time until spring arrives. 

What do you do during the winter?

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm doing it right now. 😁