Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Transporter

I don't have a lot of time to write this morning as I have an early date to give somebody a ride. It's the occasional opportunity like this that sometimes makes me wish we lived a little closer to Springfield.

Over the past several years there have been so many people that have helped my parents by giving them rides to various appointments or to run errands. I feel that my payback (or pay forward) is to do the same for others. I'm not writing this to look for an attaboy or pat on the back. It's just a reminder that there are lots of ways to volunteer in this and other communities.

After a short amount of time and the cost of a little gas, I'll go back to being my normal, least productive member of society. I'll stop at the library to pick up a book that's arrived for me and spend most of the rest of the day sitting on my butt reading. It will be a good day.

Tell me about what you are doing to make your day a good day,

John

No comments: