Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Wednesday Wisdom

I went to look through my gallery for a meme and quote to post for today's Wednesday Wisdom post and saw a picture that I took yesterday. I thought I'd take a little of my own advice and appreciate beauty when I find it and capture the moments to preserve or share them.

The first summer we moved here I bought a hibiscus tree and planted it. I didn't read the part about them not surviving a cold winter, so it died last winter. This past year I replaced it with a potted tree and brought it into the unfinished basement for the winter. It sits next to a window and gets enough light and water to stay alive. Occasionally, it puts out a flower.
I found this yesterday when I went downstairs to water it. I took the pic so I could share it here.


It looks like it might have been a day old bloom, but it was nice to see and a reminder that spring is coming. 
Find some beauty today, even if it's in an unfinished basement.

Happy Wednesday,
John

2 comments:

Mike said...

You can turn your basement into a greenhouse. Get some grow lights. I'm sure the police will understand.

John A Hill said...

Mike, I'll be starting some plants this spring that the police won't be interested in. I'll see how well the basement greenhouse works out. ;) ;)