Sunday, January 30, 2022

January 30

It's the end of the first month of '22 and perhaps a time for reflection.

There isn't much difference between this year and last year on the Covid front. Due to the omicron variation's highly contagious factor, the low vaccination rate in SWMO, and a general disregard for masking and social distancing practices, we've continued to stay in and avoid large gatherings of people. Like many people, we are figuring out doing life with a deadly virus that isn't going to go away any time soon. 

I haven't been on the computer much this month. Consequently, I haven't posted here very often. This is just my 13th post of the month and half of the previous 12 have been Monday Motivation or Wednesday Wisdom posts.
I really should make it a point to write more. It isn't because of my particularly good content or that I have anything worthwhile to say. It's just that writing is a bit therapeutic for some reason. 

I got to visit with a couple of old friends this past month. I hadn't talked to either of them is several years. I see one of them on Facebook, but let's face it -- social sites aren't real contacts for the most part.
I was good to catch up with old friends. Not much beats a good, old fashioned face-to-face visit. It's a little weird that we don't do much of that anymore. Maybe I'll try to do more of that in the coming year.

I'm back to working at the overnight cold weather shelter this season. January has been typical with cold nights, some of them bitterly cold. The shelter setup is a little different this year and the location has changed to host more people. I don't see many of the same faces from last year and hope that means those folks are doing better and now have some type of regular shelter. 
I have found that staying up all night for shelter duty is a little more difficult to recover from this year. I'm not sure if it's age or something else. I just don't seem to be adapting to the schedule change as well. It might just be that I have fallen into more of a routine than I realized and the change is a bit of a shock to my system. In any case, it's short term and worth it. 

January was a bust as far as diet, exercise, and good health go. I just never really got back into a steady routine after our early December trip. I think the key will be to travel more in '22. I did well on our trip, both with eating and exercise.
Or I could just get off my lazy ass and do something. That is definitely what needs to happen. Maybe this next month.

Write more. Visit more. Adapt more. Exercise more.
Okay, bring on February!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"Or I could just get off my lazy ass and do something."
Hey now! Let's not get carried away!