Monday, December 11, 2017

Motorcycle Season -- No, it's not too cold to ride!

I know that most of my readers are not bikers, so I won't bore you all with a long motorcycle post.
Regular readers will know that I have really enjoyed riding in my retirement and probably know that I tend to ride more than most weekend bikers.
I didn't know that most guys only ride a few thousand miles each year and generally only need to change their oil once per year.

This was my odometer reading when I pulled into my garage on Saturday (it was right at freezing  when I started out in the morning).



I got my motorcycle endorsement on 2/27/2016. On the 28th, I bought my '06 Vulcan 900 Classic. It had 18,780 miles on it. It took me 21 months and 10 days to put 30,000 miles on her. I expect to have over 32,000 by the time 2/28/2018 rolls around.

Keep an eye out for old retired guys on motorcycles -- even during the winter!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

Ride on up to Ted Drews.... and buy a Christmas tree.