Thursday, December 14, 2017

Everything is in Order

It's 3 AM and I've just come in from spending a few minutes looking at the sky. Tonight's meteor shower is a pretty good one. For the short time I was outside, I saw them "falling" at the rate of about 1 per minute. With the temperature just below freezing and meteor watching not being a very active kind of thing to do, I'm content to say I came, I saw, and I went back inside to enjoy my coffee and blog a bit!

The sky is clear and beautiful tonight. I had forgotten how magnificent the winter sky is!
Looking at the night sky and observing the movement of the stars and planets as the seasons change always reminds me of just how great Our Creator is. The regular annual events like meteor showers and the irregular (but predictable) events such as eclipses, demonstrate the order and design of the our solar system and the universe beyond our simple little sun.

I've always said that if you want to feel small, just look to the heavens and consider the vastness of God's creation.
If you want to feel valued, look to the heavens, consider the vastness of God's creation, and know that God knows you and loves you!

Comedian Mark Lowry used to say that people were silly for getting up early in the morning to pray because this is China's time with God. I hope that God was able to hear the prayers of this humble citizen of the USA while listening to the other side of globe so that He knows how much I enjoy the beauty and magnificence of the universe around me.

Everything is in order.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm glad I know somebody that got to see it.