Monday, December 04, 2017

How Does a Retired Guy Take a Day Off?

I was warned by an older cousin that there are no days off in retirement!
No sick days. No holidays. No vacation days.
You're retired.

I guess if I want a day off from retirement, I'll have to get a job!

Having said that, I did take a day off from posting yesterday. It was a good day for that.
But I'm back.

I've been doing pretty well on limiting my social media/computer time. Removing several apps or notifications from my phone has helped a lot. In fact, I sometimes go days without remembering to check my e-mail.
I still need to work on a way to interact with people more frequently. Maybe I'll take a spring class at the local JuCo. I wonder if I can plan a class schedule around the spring baseball schedules. I'd hate to miss class for a motorcycle ride and a ballgame on a regular basis! I could take an online class which would be fine for learning and something to do, but not so great on the interacting with people thing.
I guess going to school would count as a day off from retirement -- not that I need a day off.

I could hangout at the McDonald's with the morning coffee group or find another place for morning coffee and gossip. Or I could join a gym and maybe meet some people that way.
Any suggestions, friends?

It's December 4th and we're looking at another near 70f (21c) degree day in the Ozarks. After the front passes through later in the day, we'll be back to more seasonal temps with daytime highs in the mid 40s (7-8c).

I realize it is another brutal Monday, but I hope you manage to enjoy your day. I'll go through the daily ordeal of having to find something to do. This retirement thing with no days off is pretty painful!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

What this "interacting with people thing" you talk about?