Thursday, December 07, 2017

Thursdays are for thanksgiving!

It is Thursday, right?
I actually had to check my phone to make sure. Yep! It's Thursday.

I had just settled down with my pot of coffee and was thinking how much I enjoy coffee and quiet time in the morning. The past couple of weeks have been weird and I have had several morning appointments or obligations that have robbed me of that quiet time. So this morning I was really looking forward to it.

When I checked my phone to see what day it was, I noticed a couple of messages.
Odd. I didn't notice them earlier when I took my phone off of the charger. Who could be texting me at 7 in the morning?

Ha!
My baby sister wanting to know if I'm up. She's on the road for work and says I should call her!
Now that's a grand way to start the day! Coffee and conversation with my kid sister is a way better start to the day than just quiet time and a lifeless computer!
We managed to talk for a little while before she had a work call coming in and needed to go.
That was quite the unexpected treat.

It's funny how a few moments of conversation with a particular person can really lift your spirits. I still get my quiet time today, but it's different now. If you were able to see me, you wouldn't notice anything different about the day. I'm still sitting on the love seat with a cup of coffee on the end table next to me and my laptop on my lap (naturally), but I feel so much different. The early morning visit did more to wake me up and set a positive outlook for the day than coffee (even this really good Ethiopian coffee) could ever do.

Today's thanksgiving is for quiet time and for unexpected contact from someone very dear to me.
Thank you, baby sis. You have made my day!

Hey, reader! Maybe you could make someone's day with a simple text message or phone call.
If you're some guy's kid sister, give him a call. He will love it!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

If my sister called me that early in the morning to chat I'd smack her upside the head.

John A Hill said...

To be fair, she just sent a text.
I called her.