Monday, October 21, 2013

Making Lists

I am not a list maker. I know that there are many people that can only function if they have a list. Some people make lists for everything. I have a supervisor that makes lists. I think the first item on her "To Do" list each day is "make lists".

I won't say that I never use a list. I use a list when I'm packing for a magic show. I even use a list during the show. But that's pretty much the extent of it. I could probably benefit from using a few more lists. I think there is a measure of satisfaction that comes with completing a list.

The only reason I'm thinking about lists this morning is because of an article I read on one of the many blogs I follow. Whether you are a list maker or not, you might like this article. I like the two daily lists that the author talks about here. I'm thinking that I may give list making a whirl and use these lists to get me started.

I have to admit that the first list, the "If I could live today over again I'd..." reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day. You get to live the day over again and right your wrongs as they happen...sort of. I also like the positive aspect of the second list--"The things I get to enjoy today" list.

Even if it was "The things I get to do today" it would have a feeling of anticipation of what the day hold for us. But "The things I get to enjoy today" really makes the events of the coming day something to look forward to experiencing.

How about you?
Are you a list maker?
Wanna try these two lists with me?
Think of the benefits...no more blah Mondays, for one! Now we can make our lists and look forward to getting this week going!

John <><






2 comments:

Mike said...

First item on the list, never make another list. Check.

Anonymous said...

Chris is a list maker. He has an ongoing to do list which gets updated every Sunday. He makes a packing list any time he travels. A list before every running/tri event. I rarely make lists and when I do I tend to lose it or Leave it behind anyway (grocery list). I envy the more organized people, but I do okay for living life flying by the seat of my pants