Thursday, October 10, 2013

Characters

Recently, I've become more interested in the tactics people use to get what they want. There are the passive-aggressive types that subtly manipulate, the quiet encouragers that also work subtly to achieve their desired behavior. There are negotiators and bullies and plenty of people that fall in between the extremes.

Some of the passive/aggressive types can be very effective until they appear to be whiny and some of the bullies can be likable enough until it's you that they are bullying. Some people are very effective in inspiring particular behaviors; others...not so much.

I imagine that each one of us has our own favorite (whether we know it or not) method of getting what we want from other people or trying to bring them around to our way of thinking.

I think I'll add a new label to my posts and address different characters from time to time--not tonight, though. I've taken on a new project that will stress my pea-brain as I read through The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Ugh!

John <><

1 comment:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Pouting works well as a way of getting my own way. But DIY is the best bet.