Monday, October 14, 2013

And I Just Had Lunch With Him...

This morning I'm wondering why my pastor didn't bring up the topic of his Sunday morning sermon while we were having lunch on Friday. It seems to me that it would have been a lot easier to just discuss it over lunch than to have to prepare and preach a message to me.

He preached on the servant attitude of Jesus as Jesus took on the role of the lowest household servant when he washed the feet of the disciples.

When you put that together with my Bible reading (which has me in Colossians) and I read about doing everything in word or deed in the name of Jesus and whatever you do, work heartily as for the Lord and not for men; well, I just have to sit back and figure out just what am I doing and am I living for me or for Jesus?

Am I really okay with doing what I want to do and having my way while the needs of others are not met? Is it okay for me to leave that work to somebody else because it's not something that I want to do? Is more of John and less of Jesus in me the way that I want to live?

I just hate it when I realize that I've been self-centered and need to make a past wrong right.
And it seems to be happening far too often.

Still struggling daily...
John <><

No comments: