Sunday, October 06, 2013

Back to Work--Diet and Exercise

So after doing well in September, I gave myself a few days off. A change of schedule and no mids last week cut down on my biking time, as did my baseball adventure with Aaron. The trip and the kids being home for the weekend hit the diet in a negative way, but not too badly.

I'm going to look for 80 miles this week. I put in 20 this afternoon for my highest single ride total. I've also added some dumbbell work, push-ups, body rows, free squats and stretching. I've toyed with the idea of trying running again. Even though I've dropped 25 pounds and that would be a good thing for my knees, I'm still not convinced that I want to take it on. I do want to run (I'm not sure why), but don't want to risk the injury. I'm hoping that the bike work and free squats are building some joint strength. I think I'll wait for another 5 or 10 pounds to get serious about running. I may try a little light work just to see how it goes.

In any case, it's back to the diet and exercise. Here we go again.

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

I hate running. When playing football in highschool the one thing I didn't like, wind sprints.

Big Sky Heidi said...

20 miles in a day is a serious ride. Good going, John!