Friday, October 04, 2013

"It's a Good Day to be John Hill"

Yesterday was a grand day. I was pretty pumped up about making the drive to St. Louis to meet Aaron for game one of the Cardinals'/Pirates' post-season series. So much so that I might have been a little more annoying than usual to my co-workers. In spite of getting up at 2:30am, working an 8 hour shift and then driving to St. Louis, I was in a pretty good mood. So much so that I told the supervisor that she couldn't hurt me for the day. She could leave me on position all day, make me train AK the whole time, or spend the day doing eLMs courses!

At some point, AK came up with the line, "It's a good day to be John Hill."

The day ended about 23 hours after it started. Cardinal win, good seats (free), good dinner, great time with my son. It was a good day to be me.

Most days are pretty good days to be me...at least as far as I'm concerned.

I hope that today is a good day to be you. I think that our own attitudes towards the diverse situations we face make the biggest difference. Sometimes, just realizing that our issues aren't as bad as the issues that others deal with is enough. I hope that you can deal with who you are today. If you want to come hang out with me, I'll be at BWWs on Battlefield this afternoon to watch the Cardinal baseball game (with Aaron). Come on down.

It's another good day to be John Hill!

John <><

3 comments:

Mike said...

We will be at BWW also.

Bilbo said...

It hasn't been a bad day to be Bilbo, either, except for this stupid cold.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm so glad you had a great day. I hope tomorrow will also be a great day for John Hill! Rock on!