It isn't often that this much time passes between posts of any kind. Although I have been out of my normal routine for a couple of weeks, I certainly had the opportunity to write and share some things.
Part of the time was spent on a guys' weekend with our son and daughter's bf in Louisville KY. We toured a distillery, did a tasting at a different distillery, sampled some local craft beer, took in a AAA baseball game, and enjoyed time talking around a fire pit. We also ate some pretty good food.
It was a good weekend and I hope that we will do other weekend trips in the future.
Summer has puffed up and is hitting the Ozarks of SWMO with record high temperatures for September. I don't know if it is an indicator of what we can look forward to in the way of warmer temps for fall and winter, or if it is just an irregular heat dome over our part of the Midwest.
I am sad that the pool will be coming down soon. It was nice while it lasted and I will be looking forward to enjoying it next spring.
I have been thinking about undertaking a writing project, but I am aware that it is most likely more than I really want to commit to pursuing. Maybe the urge will pass and I can continue my easy retired life without such a project.
I occasionally run across thoughts that need to be fleshed out a bit, but would make a worthwhile post for the blog. Many have been about deconstruction or religion in general. Some are (generally) about personal relationships, and others are just about moving from one phase of life to another.
As I look back on my days as a Southern Baptist evangelist, I truly hope that I never sounded like a carnival barker trying to convince people to enter the tent --
Step right up, folks! Come and see the crucified Savior. All you gotta do is say some magic words and you too can have eternal life!
Come and hear how he walked on water, how he healed the sick, yes and even raised the dead!
Step right up!
There is a lot about my previous faith that I no longer carry and nothing that I feel like forcing on someone else. I am happy to discuss my faith, or your faith, or spirituality, or just what makes you happy and at peace with life.
It's after 9 PM and it is still in the mid 80s out here on the deck.
No worries. I'm going to listen to the night sounds and enjoy a cigar and a sip of bourbon.
Maybe I'll write something more substantial in the morning.
John
Thursday, September 17, 2026
Passing thoughts, passing time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment