Sunday, October 06, 2024

See -- I can people!

Thursday evening I met with The Venues' mid week group at Mother's Brewery in Springfield.
Today we're having company over to the house. 
Tuesday I'm having lunch with a friend.
Thursday is a Clergy Appreciation lunch and volunteer chaplain meeting at Mercy Hospital, Aurora.
Plus I went out for my morning coffee (solo) one day and have run several errands that involved people encounters.
Actually, I feel like I'm doing quite well in the people-ing thing. 

But I am ready for a break before this week's meeting/lunch.
And I have some fall work to do in the yard. It should all work out quite well.
Having said that -- I am usually available for a morning coffee, a midday lunch, or an afternoon drink/cigar. So feel free to text or call me. 

While Sunday morning might seem to be a people-ing day, this former church guy is skipping (again) the weekly gathering. I still struggle (a little) that church gatherings no longer suit me. Funny, but in this case it is not the people part -- it's the church part.
Listening to the morning birds, the distant roosters, and even the highway traffic is a fine way to spend Sunday morning. 

Weather disasters in our country make one very aware of the fragility of both life and lifestyle. It is encouraging to see the outpouring of help to the affected areas. There will always be those that abuse these situations to create profit or to benefit themselves in some way, but for the most part, people are generous and helpful. 
That gives me hope and makes me smile.

John

No comments: