Thursday, April 20, 2023

Well rested

I spent the past two nights sleeping on the deck.
Wow!
I haven't slept so well in a long time.

My watch says I had 7.5 hrs of sleep last night with 4:45 being deep sleep, and the remainder light sleep. The biggest part of the past two nights is that I slept the whole night. Typically, I wake up several times (usually between sleep cycles) a night. I am less likely to wake up when I use my Cpap machine, but I often fall asleep without it and then will wake up at the end of every cycle and spend less time in deep sleep while actually sleeping.
A little bit of daytime yardwork and walking probably helped with the restful nights, as well.

It's weird that I'm not much of an outdoors person as far as doing outdoor activities like camping, hiking, kayaking, etc. I like being outdoors, but mostly it's just to be outdoors versus being indoors. I think there is a different energy, maybe a bigger or more present kind of energy to being out instead of being confined to being in. It's difficult to explain, but if you know - you know.

Today is overcast and it was supposed to be raining, but it looks like most of the rain will miss us - at least until tonight. I wasn't planning on working in the yard, but I probably should. It might be my only exercise for the day - that and the quartermile walk to get the mail.

I hope you are well rested. Sleep is an often overlooked element of good health.

John

No comments: