Friday, April 21, 2023

Tell me something good -- please!

How about some good news for this Friday?

I've been scrolling through news feeds this morning and it is pretty depressing and frustrating. I could use something good to read about.

I did kind of a big deal for me this week -- I bought a Red Access membership for the Springfield Cardinals baseball team. That gets me ten ticketed seats plus general admission (GA) access to every home game this season. I went to the game this past Wednesday when Waino had a rehab start. I do enjoy going to day games in Springfield. They have back-to-back day games scheduled for the first week in May and I'll probably go to both of them.

Although I am not a big fan of crowds and there are always people that are jerks, the stadium isn't a bad way to spend an afternoon or evening, and I really don't mind going to the game by myself. I may need to scout around to find the ideal GA place for game viewing. Typically I use the benches that line the wall behind the home plate seats. In any case, I am looking forward to watching some baseball this summer.

What's your good news for this Friday?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I was reading too fast and read "Red Cross Membership". I pictured you hanging upside down being slowly drained of blood. Just slowly enough so your body could keep regenerating your blood supply. 😂