Monday, April 24, 2023

I've been peopling

Tuesday night - small group class/meeting.
Wednesday - day baseball with many bus loads of school kids present.
Friday night - out with friends to hear our friends play music at a large, crowded brewery.
Sunday - morning church, afternoon ballgame, evening appreciation dinner for the volunteers at the overnight shelter. 
Holy smokes! 
That's a lot of people contact for this grumpy old introvert.

(Speaking of grumpy old introverts -- Chris and I finally got around to watching A Man Called Otto last night. Good movie.)

I still have my Tuesday night class this week and our friends are playing at another local brewery on Friday, but I should have plenty of isolation time to build the necessary energy for these people encounters. 
The pandemic and our rural home with its comfortable deck has probably contributed greatly to my enjoyment of staying away from large gatherings of people these past few years.
Getting back to going out in more public gatherings is a little challenging. Even for the two ballgames that I went to this past week -- I went alone. I did have conversations with people around me. The days were pleasant outings and I'll be attending quite a few more games (mostly alone) throughout the season. It's about a 30-40 minute ride on the motorcycle (depending on the traffic) and I generally park far enough away from the stadium (maybe a half mile) so that parking is free. The ride and the walk are both good for me.

Today I will be staying at home and trying to figure out what to do with my current mowing situation. The used mower I bought over the winter isn't performing up to necessary standards (not making it up the steep hills) so I'm going to have to find out why. In the meantime I'm going to need to keep the yard part of the property mowed with the push mower. Since the yard is relatively flat, I may try the rider, but then again, the walking exercise is good for this fat old guy.

It's time for a people free day!

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

"I did have conversations with people around me."
You WHAT?!