Monday, June 20, 2022

Summer

This is the final day of Spring 2022. 
While this half of the globe sleeps tonight (4:13AM in the Central US), the sun will reach the imaginary line at 23.44 degrees north latitude known as the Tropic of Cancer and summer in the northern hemisphere will begin.
I'll finish out the spring by adding dirt, planting flowers (seeds) and completing my compass rose/sundial flower garden. Hopefully, I'll be seeing flowers blooming and plenty of bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds in the near future. 



Next up I'm thinking of a birdbath fountain and bird feeder. 
I have an old wheel barrow container that I'm thinking of using and want to use one of those solar powered fountains. I'll need to use rocks or something to build up the base so that birds can have a shallow area to land and bathe. 
I might add a few goldfish to the pool, but I haven't really researched to see if that would be a fair trade off between added work or not. 
Right now it's just a thought in my head and may be summer 2023 before it actually happens,

I have a maple sapling and several crepe myrtle saplings to plant. Those need to get into the ground soon. They are currently in pots. It's interesting that the potted crepe myrtles are doing much better than the ones I planted in the ground.
There is always something to do on the 5 acres we have. I would really like to till a larger area of the field and grow flowers. A bee hive is also in the future plans. 

It is still in the low 70s but will heat up quickly today. I'd better get to work.
Enjoy the final day of spring (or autumn for my Aussie family)!

John

No comments: