Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Technology is Your Friend

I'm frustrated with my 2 in 1 today because it doesn't want to work in laptop mode and I'm having to use it in tablet mode. For those used to using their phones for everything, I don't imagine this would be a big deal. It's kind of like having to use a giant phone screen that's too large to hold in one hand.

Personally, I prefer the laptop mode. The main reason is the keyboard rather than using the onscreen touch pad keyboard. Hopefully I'll get it figured out.

Overall, it's a pretty small thing and probably something I can live with ... or live without, for that matter. I tend to think of myself as a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology. I realize that I under use the capabilities of my cheap smartphone and my 2 in 1 computer/tablet. For the most part, I have the knowledge to use the technology I need and am content with that. I realize there are convenient technologies that would make life a little easier, but they haven't made their way to my need to learn list of things just yet.

I'm adapting, just a bit more slowly than the majority of the population.
Does anyone else feel challenged or frustrated (or maybe even threatened) by the rapidly advancing technologies?

John <><

3 comments:

Mike said...

Challenged or frustrated? Or just don't care as much about all the 'latest and greatest'.

John A Hill said...

It's back to working fine tonight.
No clue as to why.

John A Hill said...

And stuck in tablet mode again...